What Can I Eat During TABATEO?
TABATEO - Week 1
This week our focus is to eliminate ALL DAIRY. So basically, eat as you normally do, but if it contains dairy - don't eat it! No yogurt, cottage cheese, milk, cream, ice cream, cheese, you get the picture.
So what can you eat instead of dairy? At this point, everything else! Don't over think it. Just do without dairy.
TABATEO - Week 2
This week our focus is to continue without dairy and to also eliminate wheat. This may be a little tougher and take some creativity because you won't be eating things like bagels, breads, pasta - you know- the good stuff. Sorry! But you can do this. Don't you already feel the benefits of eliminating dairy? These next two weeks will increase these benefits exponentially.
So what can you eat instead of wheat? Lots of veggies!!
TABATEO - Week 2
This week our focus is to continue without dairy and wheat, and to also eliminate sugar. We put this last because you've already decreased the amount of sugar in your diet this past week just by not eating wheat products. It won't be such a huge jump. If you've got a sweet tooth, you'll be happy to know that all types of fruit are paleo because they are natural, unprocessed foods that have a lot of health benefits to offer, including disease-fighting antioxidants, vitamins, fiber, and phytonutrients.
- Blueberries – high in antioxidants, fiber, vitamin C, and manganese
- Strawberries – relatively low in sugar, low in calories, high in vitamin C, high in anti-inflammatory plant phenols
- Grapefruit – high in vitamins A, B6, and C, high in fiber, potassium, pantothenic acid, thiamine, magnesium, and copper, rich in antioxidants
- Bananas – high in vitamins C and B6, high in fiber, potassium, and manganese, a good source of folate, magnesium, and copper, rich in antioxidants
- Figs and dates – high in vitamins B6 and K, high in fiber, calcium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, and copper, a good source of thiamine, riboflavin, protein, iron, and phosphorous, high in antioxidants.
- Golgi and acai berries – considered “super foods”, extremely high in antioxidants, vitamins C and A, calcium, potassium, and fiber
When it comes to how much fruit you should eat during this experiment, it really depends on your goals. Most people with no specific health conditions who are comitted to TABATEO can afford to eat 1 or 2 servings of fruit a day because you'll be active.
On the other hand, if you are looking to lose as much fat as possible during this experiment, you might want to eat less of it.
TABATEO Week - 4
This week's focus is to continue without dairy, wheat, and sugar. You should have the hang of this by now, since you're into it a full week!
By the start of Week 3, you'll want to follow these guidelines completely:
- Grass-fed meats
- Fresh fruits
- Fresh or frozen vegetables
- Healthy oils (olive, walnut, flaxseed, macadamia, avocado, coconut)
- Cereal grains
- Legumes (including peanuts)
- Refined sugar
- Potatoes (sweet potatoes are ok)
- Processed foods
- Overly salty foods
- Refined vegetable oils
- Candy/junk/processed food